ROHINI NAYYAR PRIZE 2023
Eligibility and Criteria
Rohini Nayyar Prize 2023
Outstanding Contribution to Rural Development in India
This prize of Rs.10 Lakhs is being awarded every year starting from 2022
- Individuals up to 40 years of age, born on or before 1 January 1983, who have worked for at least 5 years
- Practitioners working in civil society organizations (NGOs), as well as those from government, rural enterprises, community-based organizations (CBOs), and academia, will be eligible for consideration
- Work on any aspect of rural development, including agriculture, education, health, water, sanitation, employment-creation, environmental-conservation, bio-diversity, energy, enterprise development, women’s empowerment, child development, micro-credit, and related activities.
- Innovative work which is, for example, ahead of the curve, or brings about a change in social norms and community behavior, or
- Impactful work, which is sustained, whether extensive (affecting many people in larger geographical spaces), or intensive (major transformative change in a small community)
- Application/Self-nomination by concerned candidates
- Nominations by established practitioners
- Suggestions from distinguished persons
- Candidates should provide a clear articulation about their work in the wider context of their objectives and vision
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of information provided in their applications/nominations
- The prize winner be selected by a Jury of distinguished persons.